- Assistant Professor
- Comparative Politics
- Quantitative Methods
- Political Parties
- Political Behavior
- Western Europe
- Campaigns and elections
- Political Science
- PhD Political Science, University of Texas at Austin
- MSc Statistics, University of Texas at Austin
- MSc Political Behaviour, University of Essex
- MA Political Science, University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- BA Political Science and Sociology, University Erlangen-Nuremberg
2. Somer-Topcu Z. & Weitzel D. (2022). Negative Campaigning and Vote Choice in Europe: How Do Different Partisan Groups React to Valence Attacks? Comparative Political Studies.
1. Gerring J., Wig T., Veenendaal W., Weitzel D., Teorell J. & Kikuta K. (2021). Why Monarchy? The Rise and Demise of a Regime Type. Comparative Political Studies. 54(3-4): 585-622.