B.A./M.A. SEQUENTIAL DEGREE PROGRAM
SEQUENTIAL DEGREE PROGRAM: B.A./M.A. IN POLITICAL SCIENCE
The sequential degree program provides a pathway for qualified POLS undergraduate students (major and minor) to complete a Master of Arts (M.A.) degree in POLS in one year. Students of other majors who have completed at least (12) 300/400-level POLS credits with a grade of B or higher are also eligible to apply.
1) Apply to Conditional Admission
- Attend an information session
- Meet with Graduate Coordinator to review the requirements and expectations to ensure that the student can complete the sequential program
- Completed 90 credits, including (12) 300/400-level POLS credits
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- POLS GPA of 3.25 of higher
- Grades of B or higher in all upper division POLS courses
- Find an advisor
DOWNLOAD the checklist
Applications for conditional acceptance into the sequential degree program must be submitted to the Graduate Coordinator of the Department of Political Science by May 31st of the year before the final B.A. year.
2) Complete B.A. coursework, as well as an additional 9 credits of 500-level regular graduate coursework that qualify towards the M.A., by the time student enrolls in the M.A. program.